893) Shared information that someone needed to help them complete their project.
894) Volunteered at our school artist in residency program.
895) Tracked down some information the teacher needed.
896) Made a referral to a colleague for a work opportunity.
897) Wrote a thank you note to a company.
I have become very fond of a reusable bag made by the ChicoBags Company over the past couple of years. When I first heard about them it was for a fund raising opportunity for our school and I couldn’t stop talking about them. They are ideal and I carry two with me at all times. I wrote the company and let them know how much I love their product. I got a reply thanking me for my advocacy.
898) Picked up some yarn at a recent estate sale and sent it to school (they had been asking for some last week).
899) Picked up litter in my neighborhood.
900) I guess this is my week to help stranded animals. Today on my walk, a dog came bounding down the street towards me with no owner in sight, once she was in the yard I thought maybe that was her home, I rang the doorbell so her owner could bring her safely inside.
Today, I spoke with a moms group and got some great ideas for ways to volunteer or do mitzvahs with your children. I will start a resource page with ideas. I got several today.
Sign up to ring the bell for the Salvation Army during their winter fund drive. One mom told me her 3 year old daughter loved ringing the bell and it seemed to get many people to stop by and give their change.
Volunteer to pull weeds at a community garden. What’s not to love? Dirt and kids go very well together. The kids will love the opportunity to help out and get dirty and it will be a funny outing for everyone.
Have a secret sister exchange. This would work well with a mom’s club, book group, cooking club, office event etc. Everyone gets a secret sister. For 3-4 weeks you get your secret sister a little something special. The week before Mother’s Day the secret sisters reveal themselves. Doesn’t that sound fun?
Thanks moms for those great new suggestions!