Time to Celebrate!
On my blog posted March 17th, I announced that my final 1000th mitzvah needed to be food related, since my dad loved to cook and eat. Several people heeded my request and have given to their local food banks or other food related charities.
Now I need help fulfilling my final mitzvah. My goal is to collect 1,000 bags of food and toiletries for the Sunshine Food Pantry located in my home town. Please share this with your office mates, friends, family, whomever. Anyone is welcome to help us reach this goal.
I know the if enough people hear about this we will hit the goal so please start gossiping!!
When: May 18th, 2009 6-8pm
Where: 7795 S.W. Cirrus Drive, off Southwest Hall Boulevard, in Beaverton, Oregon. The pantry is at rear of Building 26
Thanks to both New Season Market and Seventh Generation who have generously committed to helping me reach this goal.
Most requested items:
- Fresh and canned fruits and vegetables
- Canned and dried beans
- Soups and sauces: all types, including tomato (whole, diced & paste)
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Lunch box items for kids
- Cereals & grains: oats, rice etc
- Canned meats and meals: tuna, stew, chile
- Pasta: spaghetti, macaroni (with cheese too), ravioli, bowties, shells
- Baking goods: flour sugar (white & brown) honey, cooking oil
- Baby food and formula
- Sugar-free and gluten-free products
- Pet food
Paper & Hygiene Products
- Toilet paper, napkins, tissue paper
- Plastic garbage bags
- Plastic sanitary gloves
- Soap, shampoos, conditioners
- Women’s needs
- Cleaning supplies
- Laundry detergent
2 thoughts on “1000th Mitzvah Celebration”
Congratulations! Count me in.
I just wanted to let you know that I’ve been thinking about you and your goal for your 1,000 bags of food and I’m pulling for you!
I’m hoping that the impact of this goal will touch hearts all over to participate and see how they can make a difference!
Many of us can afford 1 bag and combined with 999 other bags, a huge impact will be made!
You inspire me! Thanks for all you do to give!