Daniel Rothner, Founder and Director of Areyvut just emailed me about Areyvut’s Annual Bnai Mitzvah Video Essay Contest!
We’re calling all Bnai Mitzvah – Grades 5 Through 10 to share their mitzvah project experiences with the entire Jewish community!
Areyvut recognizes Bnai Mitzvah students throughout the world who have chosen to make a difference by actively contributing to their communities. First, second and third place winners will be awarded prizes and invited to participate in Areyvut sponsored events. We will also post your winning video essay on our website as a model for students that are just beginning to plan their Bnai Mitzvah project.
Create a video that captures why and how you incorporated (or will incorporate) the values of chesed (kindness), tzedakah (charity) and tikkun olam (social justice) into your Bnai Mitzvah celebration.
Deadline is Friday, December 25, 2009.
Please be sure to answer the following questions:
* How did (or how will) you make (or will) the values of chesed, tzedakah and tikkun olam an important part of your Bnai Mitzvah celebration?
* Why did (or will) you participate in a service project?
* Why did you choose this project?
* How did (or how will) this project impact your Bnai Mitzvah celebration?
* If you already had you Bar or Bat Mitzvah celebration, how have you continued your project?
Get creative and have fun!
To read more about Areyvut, check out their website.