601) February 14th -Valentine’s Day 2008 – My 15th wedding anniversary. I invited my mother to join me to volunteer for a local event we have participated in before. It’s a fundraiser for Loaves and Fishes and on Valentine’s Day they need folks to help deliver their Valentine-A-Grams. In the past, I have taken my mom, my kids and some of my kids friends. It has been a tradition for many years. I was excited to go again this year. On the morning of the event my mom called to say she wasn’t feeling well and would not be able to join me. I was disappointed and feeling sorry for myself to have to volunteer alone on my anniversary. However, once I got in the car and turned on the radio and started enjoying the sunshine I began to have fun. Plus, I knew I was helping to make someone else’s Valentine’s Day special too.
602) My sweetie gave me a special gift this year for our anniversary. He donated money in my honor to a worthy charity. It was a wonderful treat to receive the note in the mail acknowledging that we have what we need and he thought this would be a great way to honor our anniversary. I agree.
603) A friend was looking for a personal trainer and I referred her to someone I thought she would like.
604) Gifted a friend with some products that I thought he might enjoy for some special needs he has.
605) Helped a woman at the grocery store who was in a wheelchair get some eggs she needed out of a difficult location for her.
606) Donated to the MDA Association at the check out stand at the supermarket. The checker gets credit for everyone she gets so she was thrilled when I wanted to do it without her even asking.
607) A mom and her fussy child were in line at the store behind us with only a few items, I offered for her to go first. She was relieved and grateful. If you have ever been to the store with your own fussy children you know what I mean. If we all weren’t in such a hurry maybe more people would do this.
608) Called a friend who wasn’t feeling well to see how she was doing.